Instagram is now allowing 3rd party apps to connect to their platform. But in order to post directly from Box Out to Instagram, you must have a Business Account. Don't worry, it's free and easy to make the switch.
How Can I Tell if My Instagram is Already a Business Account?
To see if you already have a business account on Instagram, log into your account, tap the three lines in the upper righthand corner of your profile, and then tap “Settings” at the top.
From there, tap “Account” and look at the very last option. If you have a business account, it will say, “Switch Back to Personal Account.” If you don’t have a business account, the last option will be “Switch to Professional Account”. No worries, though, we’ll show you how to convert it to a business account!
How to Switch Instagram to a Business Account
Before doing this, you should know that your account will be public. Your account cannot be both a private account and a business account (and really, why would you want a private business account?)
When you change to a business account, your account will be exactly the same, but you’ll have access to analytics and tools not available on personal accounts.
To change your Instagram account to a business account, you’ll start with the steps we followed to check your account:
- Go to your account and tap the three lines in the upper-righthand corner
- Tap “Settings” at the top
- Select “Account” and then “Switch to Professional Account”
- Swipe through the next 4 screens that explain the benefits of a Professional Account
- Then, you will have the opportunity to choose what category your business falls under. Start typing to search for the category that best fits your business
- Click “Done”, and then confirm that you want to switch to a Professional Instagram Account
- Lastly, you will be taken to a screen that gives you the option between “Creator” and “Business.” Choose “Business.” (The “Creator” account is for Instagram influencers and public figures so it does not offer all the tools a business account does.)
Once you’ve named and connected your Facebook page, you’re done! Your Instagram account is now a business account and you can post directly from Box Out to take your Instagram game to the next level.